Do you have a passion for animals? Do you enjoy working with people? Do you have good knowledge on animal behavior and handling skills?
IMHS is seeking to hiring an individual that can demonstrate proper care with a forward mind strength to adequately handle cats and dogs in a safe and humane nature. This person must also display excellent attention to details, awesome customer service skills and have general knowledge of clerical and computer abilities. Must be at least 18 years old, hold a valid in state driver's license with a good driving record and pass a criminal background check.
Please contact the shelter directly for more information, (303) 838-2668. Resume may be sent to email@example.com or walked in during business hours of 11-4pm 7 days a week.
Intermountain Humane Society Job Description
Job Title: Shelter Associate
Job Status: Part time, Hourly, Non-exempt
Job Relationship: Reports to Shelter Supervisor or Director; Supervises shelter volunteers; works collaboratively with Animal Care Technicians
Position Summary: The Shelter Associate is responsible for providing essential support for daily shelter operations including animal care and cleaning, performing client care services, and providing oversight of shelter operations as assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs shelter cleaning and animal care duties in accordance with established IMHS protocols to attain high standards for a safe, sanitary and comfortable environment for the animals as well as the public
• Oversees daily operations in the shelter in the absence of the IMHS management team, ensuring that IMHS policies and procedures are being followed; oversees that IMHS standards for animal care are maintained and that the shelter environment is kept safe and clean during open hours each day
• Provides professional, courteous service to shelter visitors and clients, on the phone, via email, and in person; answers the shelter phone as calls are received whenever possible
• Performs adoptions and medical treatments as assigned and in adherence with IMHS policies; performs animal intakes as necessary in urgent cases
• Counsels and educates clients on proper animal care and provides accurate information and resources to members of the public in a manner that serves the best interest of the animals and the organization
• Actively solicits donations from the public, encourages memberships, and maintains an awareness that each transaction with a visitor, client, or volunteer has the potential to increase financial and community support for the organization
• Handles money and daily receipts for the shelter and thrift store in accordance with IMHS policies
• Integrates volunteers and takes an active role in their training, safety, performance, and job satisfaction
• Monitors the comfort and care of shelter animals throughout each shift
• Restocks supplies as needed and informs supervisor when supplies are low; promptly reports equipment, supplies, or facilities concerns to Shelter Manager or Director
• Provides prompt, appropriately detailed communication to supervisor regarding shelter operational matters in order to ensure management team is kept up-to-date on happenings
• Participates in staff meetings as requested
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be at least 18 years old
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Professional background in customer service and excellent client services skills
• Experience working in a shelter environment and a working knowledge of animal health and behavior strongly desired
• Good animal handling skills; able to work safely with animals, disinfectants, and cleaning supplies in both indoor and outdoor environments
• Good communication and interpersonal skills; excellent attention to detail
• Good crisis management skills and the ability to make sound decisions when working independently
• Accurate data entry and computer skills
• Commitment to the mission and objectives of IMHS
• Valid Colorado driver’s license and good driving record
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must be able to work quickly and efficiently, with a high degree of organization. Work is primarily performed in a shelter office and kennel setting, and often involves sitting for up to 2 hours at a time, performing data entry, standing, bending, lifting, stooping, and pushing. Must be able to lift and carry at least 45 pounds without assistance, up to 75 pounds with reasonable accommodations. Must be able to safely and humanely control cats and leashed dogs up to 200 pounds. Must possess good vision, hearing, smell, and have good dexterity and reflexes. Ability to withstand outside weather variations. Exposure to potential hazards include disinfectants, high levels of noise, slippery work surfaces, animal bites/scratches and zoonotic diseases, animal dander and waste, and entering/leaving work areas alone.
This job description in no way states of implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.